Trying not to use bleach, I’m experimenting with different methods and combinations. Not having much luck. Any help would be muchly appreciated!
Pouring a cup of peroxide in with my whites seems to make very little difference. Which is odd because it can bleach the hell out of hair or even the skin on my arm if it splashes. Adding 1/2 cup to a cup of borax doesn’t seem to “boost” my laundry like it says it will.
So far, only soaking my whites in a bucket with oxi-clean for days seems to make a real difference. Even if I soak it and then add the borax and the peroxide in with the wash, I can’t tell a huge difference. I took pictures but won’t bother posting them, because you can’t tell anything.
I saw in a movie once about a woman from India that always added just a pinch of indigo to her wash to brighten the whites. I thought I might try that next.
Any suggestions? Anything you’ve tried that works to save me from fruitless experimentation? Maybe white vinegar? Until then, I’ll keep trying….
More green cleaning articles that I need to read:
- Making Your Own Laundry Detergent (homecleaningadvice.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Detergent (wannabefrugalmummy.wordpress.com)
- Vinegar and baking soda: great mix for volcanos, bad mix for homemade cleaning products! (thegypsyhomestead.com)
- Natural Mold Removal Products (blackmoldbuster.wordpress.com)
- Cleaning Green (lilfootprints.wordpress.com)