Try number… oh I don’t even know….
I wanted to try baking muffins with coconut oil and I’d read somewhere using pastry flour makes for better baked goods. Well, the Amish know best about baked goods. Take a peek…
What I used:
1 cup homemade applesauce
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 1/2 to 2 cups blueberries in season
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup local honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp coconut oil
How I made them:
1. Combine dry ingredients of wheat flour, pastry flour, salt and baking soda.
2. Mix wet ingredients of applesauce, honey, egg, vanilla and coconut oil.
3. Gently mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
4. Gently fold in blueberries.
5. Pour batter into olive oiled muffin tins. Should make 12 muffins.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
*Ovens vary. (I cooked mine for 25 minutes and they turned a bit too brown for my taste).
Moist and light. Not too sweet and pretty darn healthy for a muffin. I’m pleased. Might be a bit too many blueberries for some who prefer a little more cake on their muffin. I’m a huge blueberry fan so 2 cups did it for me. Will make again.