We tried making our own citrus cleaner with grapefruits off the trees in the back yard while we residing in Georgia.
1. Strain about a bag of grapefruits.
2. Strain out the pulp.
3. Until you have pure grapefruit juice.
4. Add enough vinegar to cover the grapefruit rinds.
5. Place in an air tight container for a few weeks.
6. It cleaned well and smelled like…..well, citrus-y vinegar. Use it up fairly quickly because it will sour.
We made grapefruit juice with the rest and gave away bags full of grapefruit to anyone who would take them. I miss those trees!
Flavorful citrus articles:
- Ramping Up Your Vinegar Based Cleaner (mommyfoulmouth.wordpress.com)
- Lovely, lovely grapefruits… (romanlosangelez.wordpress.com)
- DIY Dishwasher Rinse Aid Recipe: How to Make Your Own Citrus Vinegar (doitnowandgreen.wordpress.com)
- Grapefruit! Pulp Non-Fiction! (foodsfromspain.wordpress.com)
- “Waste Not” or Citrus Guilt (mydailycompost.com)