These are so quick and easy to make. When I’m sick of zucchini bread, I just pull this little number.
You can eat this year round, but we enjoyed these local veggies from the farmer’s market this summer and fall. I have no words, my taste buds are still hummin’.
What you need:
1 Summer squash
Handfuls of shredded Parmesan cheese
Dash of pepper
How to cook it:
1. Slice the squash and/or zucchini.
2. Place squash/zucchini in lovely military rows on baking sheet sprayed with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with a bit of pepper and a hearty serving of Parmesan cheese. NO SALT! The cheese makes it salty enough, if you add the salt it will make it too salty!
You’ll never have trouble getting your kids to eat vegetables with this treat.
Fantastic ideas for how to cook squash and zucchini:
- What to do with all of that Spaghetti Squash? Make a Casserole of Course… (whyallthefuss.net)
- Late Summer Harvest (spicechicks.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash (girlfriendscoffeehour.com)
- Quick, healthy, (and most importantly) yummy snacks! (angiealicia.wordpress.com)
- Make Delightful Tasty Recipes with Zucchini (deliciouschickenrecipes.wordpress.com)