Oh, fall is upon us, isn’t it? The cool air, children back in school.
And plucking the very last of the goodies from the garden…
When mama came up to visit, she planted cucumber, squash and tomatoes for us among the landscaping since we’d already missed the planting season. I didn’t really expect to get too much. Especially since she claimed she gave me diseased plants and she got no tomatoes this year.
What a surprise. I’m still getting them on!
I didn’t think they’d turn red and I was ready to pluck them and try the fried green tomato recipe I’ve always wanted to try, but surprise!
They glowed red. And the bugs only gnawed a few.
I’ve been cooking with them like crazy, and cut up and froze the rest so we wouldn’t lose them. Canned diced tomatoes—eat your heart out!
How did your garden fair this year?
- TomTato – how do you pronounce it? (ualbertalaw.typepad.com)
- Scent of a Garden (Mine Actually) (dswalkerauthor.com)
- a fall garden (naturallyfundays.wordpress.com)
- Finishing Up the Garden: All of the Rest of the Garden (thehomeschoolingdoctor.com)
- Mama’s New Garden (mamaslilfarm.wordpress.com)
- Fall harvest season begins (kathrynjobrien.wordpress.com)