Just wanted to share this with you. Mostly because it is so colorful and pretty. Though Miss Precious has now moved on to eating real food with tiny fingers, this was a most interesting little ride. My cousin bestowed upon me a baby food book and it mentioned pureeing the food and freezing it into ice trays.
Of all the food I’ve ever created, this may be my prettiest.
Trying to save money by not buying baby food, I purchased fresh fruit and veggies at the market on Saturday, steamed them, stuck them in the Magic Bullet (a sweet little gift from my brother a few years back) and froze them. She started out eating two at a time and then moved up to four, etc. I could mix them as I saw fit, giving her new taste experiences.
What have you tried in the baby food department?
(A big kiss to all of you who are wonderful about leaving comments. I’m not so wonderful about it. I read blogs on my phone at the wee hours of the morning but rarely say anything. But nothing inspires me more than all of you out there writing away. Keep up the inspiration!)
Baby food articles:
- WIC SHUTDOWN: Food Pantries Expect More Clients (whotv.com)
- baby food, baby fun! (thismomlovestoeat.wordpress.com)
- Bundles of Baby Joy: Reasons to Skip the Store Bought Stuff: Making Baby Food at Home (btdtmama.com)
- Easy Peasy Homemade Baby Food (jessicamclarensblog.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Baby-food from your Bountiful Basket (coolcucumbersisters.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Your Own GMO-Free Baby Food (naturalcuresnotmedicine.com)