Yes ma’am. As convenient as they are, I just could not deal with all the excess plastic.
Since 2010, I am now buying (or growing) my own veggies and cooking them either in the crock pot or on the stove or in the oven. It takes a few more minutes, but it’s worth it. One more thing I’ve given up, one less thing in the trashcan!
(Granted, I have no life anymore and spend all my time in the kitchen or the garden and feel like I’ve turned into my grandma, but score anyway!)
Some of my other cooking adventures…..not all a success:
- Slow cooked turkey breast (gicrockpot.wordpress.com)
- Hotel veggie soup (gicrockpot.wordpress.com)
- Chopping onions in the bathroom (militaryzerowaste.wordpress.com)
- Boneless crock pot ribs (gicrockpot.wordpress.com)
- Boiled eggs in the crock pot (gicrockpot.wordpress.com)
- How not to make fish in the crock pot (gicrockpot.wordpress.com)