I think home cooking is green. In the spirit of cooking at home, I’m adding random recipes of food I make, other than my crock pot meals I document on my G.I. Crockpot blog, (which I mainly use as a recipe box for myself). I try to add simple, easy and quick meals. If they don’t have those three adjectives, I probably won’t make it.
What you’ll need:
1 diced tomato
1 diced onion
4 large sliced mushrooms
2 to 3 tablespoons parsley
1/2 cup milk
slices of homemade wheat bread
How to make it:
1. Saute tomato, onion, mushroom and parsley in skillet with olive oil; set aside.
2. Mix eggs and milk together in medium-sized bowl.
3. Dip homemade whole wheat bread into the milky egg mix and place bread slices in skillet (in a bit of olive oil), one at a time.
4. Remove eggy bread from skillet and pour vegetables over top.
The most delicious French Toast I’ve ever eaten. Forget syrup!
Other yummy eggy bread recipes:
- A recipie: cinamon eggy bread (french toast) (emmasfantasticblog.wordpress.com)
- Vegan French Toast? (inthecathouse.wordpress.com)