Brown bananas? Don’t throw them out! Overripe bananas are perfect for this one!
Bakes 25-30 minutes, depending on oven. Makes 12 muffins.
What you’ll need:
1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup homemade apple sauce
3 and 1/2 teaspoons raw, local honey
1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 mashed ripe bananas
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup sliced almonds
handful of pine nuts
How to make them:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Oil muffin pans so you don’t have to use paper.
3. Mix dry ingredients together, except for oats.
4. Mix wet ingredients together, including mashed banana.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients, adding nuts and oats. Don’t over stir!
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Super moist and delicious. Tasted just like banana bread! Score!
Yummy banana recipes to try:
- Coconut Banana Bread (rebekahdawn.wordpress.com)
- Banana Bread (paleogolly.wordpress.com)
- banana muffins (thisisthefoodimakeathome.wordpress.com)
- no sugar added chocolate banana bread (madeyedlinblog.com)
I never throw those, either.
Brown bananas means: banana pancakes for breakfast – ALWAYS!!!