Just fish packaging, really. But we discovered how to beat that!
The Garden of Eatin’ expanded from the tented stall at the local farmer’s market to a small store open Thursday-Sunday. And they sell fresh fish! No more fish packaging! Now we’re getting our shrimp fresh and our fish! Good eatin’ and no blasted plastic.
Next week, hopefully our trash will look more like this:
Other fun articles:
- Making cornmeal from dried corn (or how I saved the corn from the compost). (militaryzerowaste.wordpress.com)
- 12 zero waste ideas working so far! (militaryzerowaste.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Money at the Farmers Market (getrichslowly.org)
- Tree-Hugger Tuesday – Loads of crap! (womenarefrommars.wordpress.com)
- …Ok, I’ll Eat Some Fish, I Guess (thelittlebluedress.wordpress.com)