I unplugged for a full week. No phone, no internet, no email. And it was….nice. So very nice. No one even noticed—except for Michelle, who thought I might be in the hospital. (Thanks Michelle!)
When things get too hectic, only one thing brings me relief. Nature. It helps us reconnect to priorities and life and pull back into perspective what’s most important.
Last year in Norfolk, my all-time favorite thing to do in the city was to use our annual pass at the Botanical Gardens. We visited as often as we could, and it was as close as I have even gotten to walking through peace. Wanted to share a little piece of peace with you…
I encourage everyone to visit your city Botanical gardens, nature trails, city park, or just go outside in your back yard and take a deep breath. It’s as important as life itself.
Have a fabulous day!
Botanical garden articles:
- Missouri Botanical Garden Getting $260,000 Grant (fox2now.com)
- Field Trip: Botanical Gardens (ckbpassion.wordpress.com)
- More Flower Photos From The Botanic Garden (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- The Botanic Gardens, Glasgow (doctordolittle.wordpress.com)
- Naples Florida Botanical Gardens Photos (roserichard.wordpress.com)
- 80-Ton Bird Nest (mossandfog.com)