We are producing so fast, we can’t eat all the food. Especially the mustard greens. I’ve given away 7 bags of greens, plus the 3 we’ve eaten. Now, that’s some garden! Take a peek!
I haven’t been to the grocery store in weeks! No car driven. No gas used. No money spent. I go out to the garden, pull it up, and cook it for dinner. This might be the most fun I’ve ever had! I should have listened to my mother years ago. Why do we always figure that out so late in life?
Did you grow anything this year? Did your parents have a garden when you were a child? What’s your favorite food out of a garden? And what would you grow if you had the room? I love to hear your stories.
Other garden/food updates:
- Happy Fall Y’all: Florida Fall Gardens (fldpi.wordpress.com)
- 5 Lame Excuses For Not Eating Veggies (fitsugar.com)
- Mustard Greens (Sarson ka Saag) (ownchef.wordpress.com)
- Apt. Living: Veggie Garden Update – Harvest (tequilashotsandcupcakes.wordpress.com)
- Collard greens update! (gicrockpot.wordpress.com)
- Garden Friday – Parsnips and Carrots for Winter (ourmotherskeeper.com)
- Winter Gardening to Extend the Harvest (brighthub.com)
- 10 Ways I Got My Kid to Eat Veggies (boymomblog.com)
- Fall Harvest CSA Share (scienceofmom.com)