I haven’t bought Ziploc bags since 2008. Know why?
I wash them out and reuse them, drying them in the sun on the clothes line to kill any bacteria. Sure, they get dingy and worn looking, but as long as they seal, I continue to use them. I have also accepted some from friends and at a party to keep them from being thrown in the trash.
- Saving Pennies or Dollars? Reusing Ziploc Bags (thesimpledollar.com)
- Ziploc Brand Vacuum Freezer System (kosheroamc.wordpress.com)
- Travel Essential: Ziploc Expandable Bags (alittlemoss.wordpress.com)
- Ziploc Vacuum Bags for Sous Vide at Home (makezine.com)
- Ziploc Bag Beauty, Part I: Maximize Your Baggie (fabsugar.com)